Thursday, March 16, 2006

LEFTIST ATTACK?

Dick McDonald reports that he has been blocked by blogger.com from posting on his blog. Apparently they think it is a spam blog.

I am going to log on there myself now to see if I can help but I am posting this in case I too get hit in some way as a result of doing so. Remember: my mirror sites will remain active!

Update

OK. I have just checked and below is what appears when you try to post on Dick's blog:

"This blog has been locked by Blogger's spam-prevention robots. You will not be able to publish your posts, but you will be able to save them as drafts.

Save your post as a draft or click here for more about what's going on and how to get your blog unlocked."

I have sent in an unblocking request and blogger.com say that such requests are normally heeded within 24 hours. So I am pretty sure Dick will be back to normal soon.

The total blocking of Dick's blog was very aggressive, though. Normally, they respond to a suspected spamblog simply by putting up a "copy the letters" task -- which should stop any auto-spamming.

I suspect that the aggressive response means that lots of Leftists have been flagging Dick's blog as a spam blog.

No comments: