Saturday, March 19, 2022

A strange deletion


My site jonjayray.com  has gone down -- apparently because my subscription has run out

The odd thing is that I did not receive the normal warning that my subscription was due.  Why?  I have no real idea but suspect that the "incorrectness" of many of my files may be involved. 

I no longer have details of how to contact them.  I relied on warning emails for that.  The upload address was jonjayray.us.tempcloudsite.com but that no longer seems to lead anywhere.  They had something to do with Linux.  Help on tracing them would be appreciated.

All my files are duplicated on a mirror site: johnjayray.com which is still running fine

******************************************

UPDATE: I have found the host for my site. It is https://linux-hosts-inc.com/ I have renewed so hopefully will be up again soon. I eventually found my record of it

4 comments:

Norse said...

The following link contains info about the registrar and status:
shorturl.at/hBP19

This link contains info about the status, scroll down the page:
shorturl.at/bmIPV

Sam Duncan said...

tempcloudsite.com is registered by LiquidNet, if that's any help.

It's virtually impossible to get any useful information from WHOIS these days. I find it fascinating that the Powers that Be are simultaneously waging war against personal anonymity on the internet while making it more and more difficult to discover who owns the domain names and IP addresses. (ICANN has actually proposed abolishing the WHOIS service entirely: “It recommends that WHOIS be replaced with a system that keeps information secret from most Internet users, and only discloses information for "permissible purposes"”.) Privacy for me but not for thee, it would seem.

JR said...

Norse
Could you give me the unshorened version of those links. The short links do not work

JR said...


I have found the host for my site. It is https://linux-hosts-inc.com/ I have renewed so hopefully will be up again soon